Since 1978, the Oil Companies International Marine Forum's (OCIMF) has been making recommendations for equipment employed in the Bow Mooring of Conventional Tankers at Single Point Moorings.
Offspring International supplies a broad range of chain from 19mm to 152 mm diameter in all offshore grades with full IACS Accreditation to suit both Single Point Mooring Chafe Chains to larger mooring projects including FPSO, FSO and CALM buoy moorings, and special offshore mooring requirements. Chain for larger mooring projects is manufactured by Zheng Mao, the world's largest chain manufacturer.
Single Point Moorings
In the 4th edition (2007), the OCIMF recommended chafe chain grades have increased to R3 or R4 in accordance with the International Association of Classification Societies (IACS) W22 rules. OIL supplies a full range of OCIMF compliant Chafe Chains, as well as customer bespoke assemblies configured to individual operator specifications.
- Chafe Chain A OCIMF 2007, 4th Edition – for use with full range of ship sizes
- Chafe Chain B OCIMF 2007, 4th Edition – for use with ships of 350,000 tonnes or less deadweight
- Chafe Chains A and B as per OCIMF 1993, 3rd Edition
- Weak links, Kenter shackles, Joining shackles, Delta plates etc.
- Topside SPM Bridle Assemblies.