FPSO and Cargo Offloading Hoses
Working in collaboration with leading rubber hose manufacturer EMSTEC, Offspring International is able to supply a full range of floating, submarine and catenary hoses in accordance to Oil Companies International Marine Forum (OCIMF) requirements.
Established in 1998, EMSTEC supplies a wide range of components to the offshore oil industry. The hoses are used in Single Point Mooring (SPM), Floating Production, Storage and Offloading (FPSO) and other offshore applications.
Overview of GMPHOM 2009 compliant Loading and Discharge Hoses
The high performance, oil suction and discharge hoses fully comply with the requirements of the ‘OCIMF Guide to Purchasing, Manufacturing and Testing of Loading and Discharge Hoses for Offshore Moorings, Fourth Edition – 1991’and ‘OCIMF Guide to Manufacturing and Purchasing Hoses for Offshore Moorings, 5th edition (2009)‘ which requires that all offshore hoses meet new tests for torsion and tensile loading.
The EMSTEC Loading & Discharge hoses are available with rated working pressures of 15 BAR and 19 BAR or higher for special applications or specific client requirements. Two hose designs are available:
– Single Carcass Hoses (21 Series) Floating, Submarine & Catenary Hoses
– Double Carcass Hoses (22 Series) Floating, Submarine & Catenary Hoses.
Single Carcass Hoses (GMPHOM 2009 compliant)
The Single Carcass hose construction consists of three main elements; i) smooth bore elastomeric lining resistant to a variety of hydrocarbons, ii) a standard elastomer reinforced carcass with multi-layers of high tensile textile cords and embedded steel wire helix. iii) a fibre reinforced smooth elastomer cover, resistant to ageing, abrasion, weathering, sunlight, tearing oil and seawater penetration.
Double Carcass Hoses (GMPHOM 2009 compliant)
The Double Carcass hoses incorporate an additional second carcass designed to contain any product escaping from the standard carcass as a result of a slow leak or sudden failure. An effective, robust and reliable, integrated leak detection and indication system is provided.
The Single Carcass and Double Carcass hose range includes hose construction for Floating, Submarine and Catenary applications, utilized in offloading installations worldwide EPS, MBM, SBM, CALM, SALM and Tandem Offloading.
– Single Carcass / Double Carcass Floating Hoses (utilized in high integrity surface installations such as EPS, SBM, CALM, SALM offloading in addition to FPSO, FSO Tandem offloading configurations).
– EMSTEC Single Carcass / Double Carcass Submarine Hoses (utilized in high integrity sub-sea installations such as MBM, SBM, CALM, SALM configurations (i.e. Steep ‘S’, Lazy ‘S’, Chinese Lantern).
– Single Carcass / Double Carcass Catenary Hoses (utilized in high integrity offloading installations subject to high tensile loads such as FPSO, FSO tandem offloading to DP Shuttle Tankers (i.e. BLS, Reel, Chute, Cantilever hang-off arrangements).
The EMSTEC Single Carcass and Double Carcass hose range is complemented by a comprehensive range of Ancillary Equipment, available from Offspring International.